North Devon Forum for Autistic Spectrum Conditions and ADHD
We are a parent/carer led support group, established in 1992 by a group of parents and professionals concerned with children on the spectrum.
Our scope soon widened to include adults and ADHD alongside related conditions detailed below.
The Forum gained charitable status in 2017.
Membership is FREE to those in our North Devon area, and is for people, their families, carers and professionals and organisations who live and/or work with ASC/ADHD.
We currently support 800+ members with ASC/ADHD or suspected ASC traits - a diagnosis is not necessary to join.
- To offer informal support to parents, carers and people with ASC/ADHD.
- To share information.
- To organise social events and activities.
- To maintain and develop contact with professionals.
- To invite guest speakers.
Help with Research
Mind wandering? Visiting the dentist? Visit the new Research Projects page to find out how you can participate:
Spectrum conditions include:
- Asperger syndrome (AS)
- High-functioning autism (HFA)
- Pervasive developmental disorder (PDD)
- Pervasive developmental disorder – not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS)
- Pathological demand avoidance syndrome (PDA)
- Rett syndrome
- Fragile X syndrome
- Semantic pragmatic disorder (SPD)
- Childhood disintegrative disorder (CDD)
- Social communication disorder (SCD)
If you are interested in joining us you can apply here: